Certified Retirement Counselor® (CRC®) Study Guides
InFRE created the CRC® in 1997 to help enhance the retirement preparedness of the American Worker by advancing recognition among retirement planning professionals of the need for a retirement specific certification program.
Why should you become a CRC® versus earn another retirement designation? The CRC® program
- Is independently accredited, by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies
- Is developed by professionals, for professionals and is continually kept up-to-date and relevant
- Demonstrates a mastery of both retirement accumulation and distribution planning
- Requires an ongoing investment in continuing education
- Commits Certificants to adhere to a Code of Ethics.
1. What is my time commitment? You will study 5 subject concentrations and should plan to spend 15-25 hours of study for each of the first four study guides and 5-8 hours for CRC 5. Actual study time will vary based on your prior knowledge and experience.
2. What materials do I need? InFRE offers Study Guides and elearning modules developed specifically for CRC® Candidates. You may determine your own study path to prepare for the CRC® exam and are not required to purchase study materials offered by InFRE or any other source.
3. How much does it cost? There is no fee to register to become a CRC Candidate. Study Guide and Exam Fees are as follows:
Optional Study Guides purchased separately $130 for CRC 1 – 4 and $65 for CRC 5 BETTER VALUE: Complete set of 5 Print Guides $499 Exam Fee $525 BEST VALUE! Purchase your study guides and pay your exam fee now to save time and money! $875 Annual Renewal Fee $140
For more information The CRC Candidate Handbook contains essential information for Certified Retirement Counselor (CRC) program candidates. Please read it carefully and keep it readily available as a reference until you have achieved Certificant status. Candidates are responsible for knowing the contents of this Handbook.
Are you ready to become a CRC?
Register now for the CRC® program.
Pay for your study guides and exam fee at the same time and save!Purchase your study guides and pay your exam fee now to save time and money! You can save $149 (15%) by paying only $875 for both the study guide and exam fees now. Purchase now!