CRC® Certification Renewal
The Certified Retirement Counselor® (CRC®) certification is gaining recognition as the retirement planning designation of choice for retirement professionals who serve middle market consumers and retirement plan participants. More than 500 candidates are currently in the process of earning the certification! A recent article, written by a highly respected author and published in the leading online newsletter that reaches over 400,000 financial advisors, stated that the CRC® is one of the top three most prominent and rigorous retirement designations “best positioned to allow advisors to guide their clients through retirement”.
Why renew your CRC® certification? Because it:
- tangibly demonstrates your commitment to the retirement planning profession;
- is an indication of your competency, credibility and high ethical standards;
- demonstrates your understanding of both retirement accumulation and distribution planning;
- is one of only a few financial designations that is independently accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA), which signifies that CRC® Certificants are an elite group of qualified retirement professionals
How do you renew your certification?
Those holding the CRC® certification must complete the following in order to keep the certification active:
- Participate annually in 15 hours of approved professional continuing education courses. At least 2 hours every 2 years must be dedicated to the subject of professional ethics.
- Download and complete the continuing education form or submit online.
- Pay an annual renewal fee of $140.
- Sign a Certificate Holder's Statement agreeing to adhere to InFRE's professional Code of Ethics.
Please take a moment to renew your CRC® certification so that you may continue to be recognized as a true retirement professional.