The International Foundation for Retirement Education® (InFRE) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1997. Our mission is to raise the retirement readiness of the American worker. With InFRE, retirement-focused professionals have access to quality education and tools so they can assist employees and clients with their retirement preparedness needs. This way, everyone can face a more secure future. The purposes for which InFRE was formed are:
- Emphasize the need for individual and family personal responsibility in retirement planning and saving
- Contribute to both national and family economic security by increasing awareness of the need for personal responsibility in retirement planning on the part of individuals and families
- Provide an ongoing forum for industry, government and educators to be the voice and identifier of retirement risks and realities for the benefit of the general public
- Protect the general public by advancing recognition among retirement planning professionals of the need for continuing education, a code of ethics, and professional certification for retirement plan counselors.
We fulfill our mission and purpose by:
- Providing the most effective and credible retirement-specific curriculum, certification and certificate training courses in the industry
- Being the leading identifier and voice for professional and employee retirement education issues that need to be addressed
- Being the “go to” industry resource for retirement income management professional continuing education, methodology and tools
- Being the leading preparer of qualified retirement planning graduates from higher education institutions
- Creating educational products that apply research-based methods for retirement professionals to use when teaching and counseling the American worker to achieve retirement security.
Our curriculum includes research-based planning models and methods to objectively prepare:
- Retirement professionals/advisors
- Plan sponsors, administrators, trustees, benefits counselors, human resource professionals
- Representatives of retirement product and service providers
- Students participating in university personal financial planning program